Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yucky Shots


Mateo got his 2nd to last set of RSV shots yesterday. Poor kid hates going to the doctors office now. He doesn't trust anyone wearing scrubs or a white coat. It seems that lately, every time he goes to the doctor's, he gets shots. Whether its been for vaccinations or his RSV or starting an IV for something. It seems to have gotten out of hand. He was fine while I was holding him, but as soon as they laid him down on the table, he started screaming. She hadn't even poked him yet...he just knew it was coming. And now, he even screams when they check him with the stethescope. However, he did great at the cardiologist's a couple weeks ago. He did great through the EKG and the ECHO.....Iam not looking forward to the days when he doesn't like that either. Tomorrow he sees GI...so no shots...but I have a feeling we won't make it out of there without some tears. He just hates check-ups. Next month is the last month for RSV shots, so I am happy about that, but in April he gets his 1 year old vaccinations....we just can't win. I would love a nice stretch of doctors appointments where he doesn't get any shots. I want to restore some faith in doctors for him instead of always being hurt by them. Its hard for me too....I still tear up every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment