Monday, February 9, 2009

Poor little guy


Mateo gets to see the GI doctor this week for the first time since he had the feeding tube removed. I think that the doctor will be surprised. Mateo is growing so big and eating really well. He has even started on the little puffs from Gerber.

Last night, at church, he was jumping around and playing and he banged his mouth on the pew that was in front of him. He started screaming and I rushed him to the back to avoid being too distracting. When I got back there I looked at his mouth, and sure enough, he was bleeding. I was afraid it was his gums or teeth that were bleeding, but it turns out he just split his lip a little. He was fine a few minutes later and when I got him home I gave him a frozen teething ring to kind of "put some ice" on his little fat lip. Poor kid. He is always falling or doing something to hurt himself. Its almost impossible to keep him from getting hurt during the day...especially now that he's learning to walk and we have tile flooring. Mel said that I need to get used to it because Mateo is a boy...and boys are always getting bumped and bruised. Blah.

We look forward to Mateo's grandparents coming for a visit. Grandpa hasn't even met Mateo yet. Grandma has seen him only a handful of times. That's what happens when you lives states apart. :(

Mateo seems to have recovered from his double ear infection. He is still on the antibiotics, but as of Saturday night, he has been sleeping through the night. No more waking every couple of hours. So I am very happy about that. I kind of had been in fear of never making it to that point! The only bad thing, is that it means my little boy is growing up. That makes me so sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment