Tuesday, February 24, 2009

No more ear infections!


All last week Mateo got to spend time with his grandparents. It was a really great week. He got to meet Grandpa for the first time. I think they all bonded pretty well. It was nice having someone else occupy Mateo for awhile and to have daily adult conversation!

We seemed to be able to fit a lot of activity all in one week. We went to Leesburg to visit Mateo's great great aunt. We had visitors from Port Richey, who are long time family friends that "winter" in Florida. We spent a day touring around Sarasota and Ellenton outlet mall. I found him the CUTEST little suit for church. He looks like such a little man! We had a nice afternoon spent at Downtown Disney. Mateo LOVED the Rainforest Cafe. He got a little scared when all the animals started going crazy, but he had a lot to look at and stimulate his little mind. Grandma and I got to do a little shopping on Saturday and then spent the evening with some good friends of mine and Mel's. Unfortunately, it all came to an end much too quickly. They left yesterday, and now I'm a little sad and pouty...probably will be for the next couple days.

Mateo saw the pediatrician on Wednesday. His ear infection was gone and he passed all the "tests" for his 9 month evaluation. All looks good! However, this week he seems extremely cranky. I think he is getting more teeth in. But he is also touching his ear every now and then also...so I have no idea if he has ANOTHER ear infection, or if the teething is just affecting him. I'll give it a few more days...hopefully the teeth will pop through first....but if it doesn't get better, I guess it'll be back to the doctors to check his ears again. My mom showed me some good points to rub for his ears, but I have a problem with getting Mateo to sit long enough for me to do them. I may have to do it while we're in the car since he can't get away while in his car seat.

Anyway, it was a good week and I can't wait to be able to bring Mateo up to Wisconsin for a visit. Keep praying that all is well with his health and that we don't have another ear infection!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I saw your blog on one of your posts on CafeMom. I sent you a friend request too, so you may know some about me now. I am looking to make new friends, and I have found common ground with you! :o) I have a blog-
    www.tntgoodwin-tricia.blogspot.com
    You can find out more about me there!
    My first daughter was born with a VSD heart defect, but thank GOD it closed up on it's own and we had no problems with it. My second daughter did not have a problem when she was born, but at around 6 months old her doctor noticed a murmur and had a EKG done which showed that part of her heart was possibly enlarged. By the time we got in to see the cardiologist, God had healed her of that too!
    I don't know exactly what your son's condition is,(obviously bigger than what my girls had) but I will pray God's healing for him.

    ReplyDelete