Monday, February 16, 2009

GI Appointment Update


Mateo saw his GI doctor last Thursday. She said everything looks GREAT. The hole that his feeding tube used to come out of has healed up completely. She was surprised that we haven't had any oozing (sorry, sounds gross) from it at all. Sometimes that can happen for a few months following the tube being removed....but its been clean and dry since the day it closed up. She also said Mateo's weight was excellent. He is almost up to 18 pounds. We are to keep doing whatever we are doing to keep him at a healthy weight. Thank goodness the boy likes to eat!

So...we don't see her again until Mateo turns a year old. She wants to help us transition him over to cow's milk. Since he is on the no-dairy diet due to his milk protein intolerance....I just want to make sure everything is good-to-go when it comes to starting him on dairy. I have already bought some baby foods that have dairy in it. I want to break him in easy. It will be nice not to have to buy the special formula on anymore. That stuff is so expensive! Its over $100 for a case of 6 cans...and he goes through 1 can in just a couple of days....we were lucky to find someone willing to give us 36 cans for free b/c her son was no longer on the formula....VERY LUCKY.

Mateo has been learning to wave bye-bye. Its so cute. And he has started putting his lips on my cheek....I think he is giving me kisses. I love watching him learn. I hate that he's growing, simply because I want him to stay my little boy forever....but its so exciting when he figures something out. I can almost see the wheels turning in his head sometimes...he is so intent on learning how to do something. Can't wait for grandma and grandpa to see how big their boy has grown!

No comments:

Post a Comment