Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Dreaded Swine Flu


Yep. Mateo had it. Swine flu. Since he is in the high risk category, I was really worried about him getting it. It ended up not being a big deal for us.

Mateo came down with a low-grade fever and a cough. I didn't think too much of it since one of our friend's daughters had the same symptoms and tested negative for flu and swine flu. But the following night, one of my other friends called to tell me her baby tested positive for swine flu....and she had the same symptoms as Mateo. So I figured I better be "safe rather than sorry" and I took him in to see his doctor the next day. Of course, Mateo tested positive for H1N1. His fever was already gone but I could tell he didn't feel very well. I went to 3 different pharmacies looking for Tamiflu before I finally found one that hadn't run out. Anyway, Mateo was back "up and running" within 24 hours. It wasn't the life or death situation that the public is being warned about. I realize that for some people, it has been....but I guess we were lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment