We have recieved orders from the military (my husband serves in the Air Force) to move by the end of this year to Clovis, New Mexico. I looked it up and that AFB is in the middle of nowhere. My husband called and found out that they don't have a medical facility there that can support Mateo's medical needs, so this is all very bad news. Last year, we were given orders (that we actually wanted!) but had to have them cancelled due to Mateo's fragile condition at the time. Now we need to have these cancelled due to it not being a place that has a children's hospital. my husband is putting in a lot of time trying to get the necessary paperwork done. Mateo's doctors have all been more than accommodating in getting the letters, statements and signatures that we need. We met with the medical board on base last week to discuss all of this. But they don't have the authority to make any decisions, so we are still waiting. If we had to go, we have less than 2 months to sell our house and find Mateo a cardiologist.
We feel it would be in Mateo's best interest to just stay here in Tampa until after his next surgery. His doctor said it would most likely be sometime next summer since they don't like to operate in the winter if its not truely needed. I would really hate to move right now and try to find all new doctors and surgeons before next summer. Finding someone you trust with your son's life is not an easy task. In fact, the closest facility that could take Mateo is almost 2 hours away! I feel that things will work out though. Everyone on the base have been very helpful in getting us what we need and I am just praying that all the paperwork goes thorough without any serious issues!